Bangin' Black Bean Burger
Spice up your dinner tonight with a Bangin' Back Bean Burger! Black bean patties are a healthy substitute for ground beef and provide plenty of protein and nutrients for a post workout meal. Black beans also have high levels of flavonoids, which have antioxidant abilities, particularly anthocyanin, and contain some omega-3 fatty acids, which is considered a "good" form of cholesterol promoting heart health.
Not only is it healthy, it's flavorful!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 12 min
Total Time: 22 min
Serves 3-4 burgers.
- Place jalapeño and garlic in food processor (or blender) and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Add 2/3 can of beans to jalapeño mixture and pulse just until blended. (Do not over mix or starches will cause the burgers to become dry).
- Add chili powder, cumin and salt and pulse until incorporated.
- Pour bean mixture into a small bowl. Add flax, tomato sauce, breadcrumbs, corn and remaining black beans. Mix until combined.
- Heat small amount of butter on cast iron skillet or grill pan over medium high heat.
- Form 3 (or 4) black bean patties, and grill burgers for 5-6 minutes on each side, until browned and firm.
- While burgers are cooking, mix together spicy mayo sauce. In small bowl, whisk mayo, lime juice, Sriracha, chili powder, and honey together until blended.
- Serve burgers warm layered in Bibb lettuce, with pickles, red onion and spicy mayo sauce.